Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 21:58:17 +0000
I have a question regarding cause and possible cures for one hive that seems
to have a number of bad traits.  The main one is that this hive both last
year and this year seems to become honey and to a lesser extent pollen bound
in the two standard deep brood chambers and does not like to store honey in
the honey supers.  I have the honey supers above a queen excluder.  The
honey supers are already drawn from previous years use.  This hive is also
my main nasty one.  A couple of bees from the hive will follow me for hours
after they are worked.  Is this problem due to hive management or is this a
biological trait that comes from the queen?  This hive made it thru the
winter really well, have built up this spring really well (within the limits
that the honey and pollen storage will allow), so I hate to just requeen
without understanding more of the causes for this behavior.  Any suggestions
or advice.  This is just one of ten hives.  I am in the Portland, Oregon area.

Rick Grossman