From:
Karel Bokhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 17:17:16 +0100
----------
> From: Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Bee propolis for kids
> Date: vrijdag 31 januari 1997 1:08
>
> Jake G. Tsvilikhovskiy wrote:
>
> > Is it safe to give bee propolis ( capsuls ) to a 4-year old kid?
> >
> >In principal one can give propolis to children as well.
The problem with propolis is that one can be allergic for propolis.
There are two kinds of allergic reactions.
Propolis on the skin can cause itching and in dutch it is called 'Imkers
ekseem"
translated it means 'beekeepers eczema" Im my view it is underestimated.
1 out of 2000  should be sensative to it. I do think that 1 out of 200 is
nearer to the truth
> Internal sensitivity is ,indeed, rare. Itching somewhere on the body and
a feeling of unhapiness and nervousness is the result.
One of the most sensative places is the inside of the pulse.one drop of a
propolis solution placed there and you know wether you can use it or not.
It depends on the contents of the capsule whether a child can use it.
Personally I advise tablets of 30 mg 2 times daily or a propolis tincture(
10 drops of a 10% solution)
To be safe give your child pollen :5-10 grams/day in the morning. Since
pollen
avtivate some people cannot get in sleep

success

Karel Bokhorst
Dutch beekeeper