From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:08:25 -0600
Jake G. Tsvilikhovskiy wrote:

> Is it safe to give bee propolis ( capsuls ) to a 4-year old kid?
>
> I have heard that bee propolis can greatly help to build up immune
> system. I am just uncertain if this is safe for 4-years old kid.

Jake -

I'm not sure anybody can say definitely yes or no to the effects it would have on your
child. I would be very careful about assuming propolis will "greatly" help in the build up of
the immune system. It's a childs life you are dealing with and going by info that you
heard through the grape vine sounds risky to me. I personally feel that alot (not all) of
the so called benefits from products of the hive like propolis, pollen and royal jelly tend
to be overblown by the "health food" industry.

Mike Wallace at Sar Shalom Apiaries might be able to better answer the issue with
propolis.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey