Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:18:02 +0000
Deb & Greg Kalicin wrote:

> After hering about the young beekeeper Gary, and his horrble ordeal, I
> am wondering if there is an insurance company that will insure
> beekeepers even small ones, My independant insurance agent can't seem to
> locate one. You mention bees and they don't want anything to do with it.
> Deb
> 13 hives

Here in Scotland most beekeepers are members of the Scottish Beekeepers
Association which runs an Insurance scheme.  The summary of cover is as
follows:-
Product and Product Liability cover
Loss by fire:   Loss by theft:   Loss by vandalism:   Loss by AFB or
EFB.  The max compensation per stock is #70.

The cost of this is as follows:-

1 - 10 stocks----Free:  11 - 20----#2:   21 - 30----#4   31 - 4----#6
and over 40----#8.

I am not really into insurance but I am surprised that you do not have
something similar in America.

Harry
Scotland