From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:37:48 -0700
At 12:29 PM 07/02/97 -0800, you wrote:
>    Re. Formic Acid Tolerance Exemption

Hello Paul.

This is a well thought out voice of reason re Formic acid.  However, you
scare me when you suggest that ordinary prescription glasses are sufficient
protection.  This FA is nasty stuff - When I first started using it I read
several safety sheets.  One I remember was from Fischer Scientific.  You
might want to get some of these.  Your messge below makes it appear to be
somewhat benign while I am afraid of the product.

>    Natural occurance does not mean it is safe! At 65% (here in Canada we
>    have decided against 85% because of its hazardous nature) this product
>    can be handled effectively and safely, providing one uses common sense
>    and basic safety precautions are taken.  (Prescription glasses or basic
>    safety glasses offer sufficient eye protection in the field.  Rubber
>    gloves are needed and of course, always stand upwind).

Eric
Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada
(403) 998 3143