From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 00:41:51 +0000
Tom et al,

While I have seen queens lay also in shallow foundation, I have more often
(98 out of 100?) found that if the nectar is flowing, there will be honey
put in the foundation being drawn out before (or instead of) the queen using
it to lay eggs.  I have also seen a queen ignore shallow foundation even
with no honey in it if she is not at the height of brood production.

Rick Grossman
western Oregon USA