From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 10:33:34 -0800
 Hi Aaron ,Very good job and I hope many will read your post more than
once.The part on books to get general info from is important.We should all
have books to learn parts of beekeeping. The problem with books alone is
the variables in you own environment that changes the behavior of your
bees.The Honey Bee has been around for a long time. One very good reason
for that , is its adaptability to different enviornments.We have the world
on Bee-L so we do have many different perspectives of bee behavior. This
is very important if you really want to learn about the bees.We are very
lucky to have some great researchers on the list , that take the time to
wade thru all the clutter and static. Bee-L is one tool and should stay
that way. Not all the answers are here or in fact any one place. There is
a wealth of knowledge here , but beekeeping is changing for many reasons.
What worked 10 years ago will not work now. So we do need a place to pass
around info on bees , where everyone is welcome.We need to thank those
researchers from around the world for there info and time they take to
help us.
 I think its time to look at what we do have. We have Bee-L do to the work
of Aaron and Allen and maybe a few more.We have us the people that use it
and make it for what it is. Lets take a look at the good. The bad would be
no place at all with the flexability that this list gives us.
 Best Regards
 Roy