Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 06:55:54 -0700
At 03:24 PM 9/27/96 GMT, John Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>After posting treatment for ticks and offering to do the same for
>chiggers I received several requests for the information on chiggers.
>As we are all outdoors and prone to these pests (in addition to many
>others) I thought it might be worth sharing with the LIST.
>
>The information that follows is excerpted from: CHIGGERS!, Nina
>Bicknese, THE MISSOURI CONSERVATIONIST, August, 1990, Volume 51,
>Number 8, pages 2 - 5.
>
>Chigger facts:

Thanks for posting all this information. Knowing what we are dealing with is
a big help when trying to counteract these tiny menaces.

Personal experience also counts for a lot, and my experience with chiggers
has shown me that Vick's Salve or Mentholatum Rub are both effective in
immediately stopping the itch and making the redness go away. Perhaps they
have some kind of pain reliever as one of the ingredients?

Betty B ---- been there

We are like kids' art on God's refrigerator.
 -