From:
Paul Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 19:57:19 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Malcolm Roe
<[log in to unmask]> writes
<snip>
>I can't say whether sage would be a good choice elsewhere but where I live
>(SW England) it would seem to be a good candidate for a bee plant.
>
>--
>Malcolm Roe            [log in to unmask]
>                       Hewlett-Packard Laboratories Bristol
>                       Filton Road, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS12 6QZ, UK
>                       Tel: +44 117 922 9331       Fax: +44 117 922 8128
Malcolm,

Try the IBRAs booklet "GARDEN PLANTS VALUABLE TO BEES". There is a list
in there of plant, flowering period, height, description, and a note as
to whether the plant is good for Nectar, Pollen or specifically useful
to Bumble Bees.
--
Paul Walton
Toddington, Bedfordshire, England.