From:
rnessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 10:56:14 -0500
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Jim Moore DTN276-9448 ogo1/e17 508-496-9448 wrote:

>         As you have enough equipment (four hives), I would suggest
> starting with two or even three hives.
        From the Dadant catalog, I estimated a hive (foundations and a
bee kit) to cost about $100.00 each.  Is this about right?

> As a beginner you will learn faster and be better able to detect
> potential problems and recognize unusual behaviour by comparing
> hives. Additionally it does give you the opportunity to fortifiy a
> weaker hive with brood from a stronger hive should the need arise.
                Any suggestions for a definitve book on bees/beekeeping?

>         Also if next year is anything like this year order your bees
> early (Feb.) as the demand outstripped the supply this year.

        I followed sci.agriculture.beekeeping for awhile, and there
was a fair amount of discussion on "don't order from this company" as
they will take your money, and not fulfill their delivery promises.
Who would you recommend I do business with?

>         Good luck.
Thanks,

Randy Nessler