From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 22:26:49 -0400
For real fun and excitement, try to get a queen onto an airplane.   A few
years ago, I had one in my shirt pocket, and between the screen on the queen
box and some pocket change I set off the metal dectector.  When Security
found the queen, a long discussion on what to do with it took place.
  Invoking some rule intended to keep large drooly dogs out of the cabin, I
was told my queen had to go in my checked baggage. She flew up stashed in a
shoe packed in my bag    In spite of that, she took nicely.

ps. I have finally educated my local Post Office that queen bee packages are
not live bombs dipped in old crankase oil.   They always call me, and hold
them for my pickup.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD