From:
John Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 11:19:53 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996 20:39:00 -0400, you wrote:

>   Pollen in the frames makes a heavier frame, and it will not spin out.  The
>extractor will "walk" around.  I just did some custom extracting and we had a
>dickens of a time getting the extractor balanced. There was a lot of pollen,
>some brood, and some brand new frames made from foundation, all mixed with
>old, dark comb.  The ones with brood (mostly drone) we don't run through the
>uncapper, but just use a scratcher to uncap the honey part.  The brood stays
>put.   Some was also crystalized (overwintered).    We got what we could.
> The outcome was delicious, and quite light, too.

I'm not sure I know the difference between capped brood and and capped
honey . . . how do you avoid brood when using the scratcher?  Is there
a little rounded cap over brood and caps over honey more of a solid,
running cap?  Hmmm, it's back to the hive to beek at comb again.
<grin>

-- John Taylor --
Southeast Missouri

When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!