From:
Yaacov Lensky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 15:51:00 +0200
>Hello Bee-Liners,
>
>        I need some info regarding maximum temperatures that bees still
>fly and perform pollination. Can any of you please direct me to some
>ref.? I read at Dandant's book that at 43 C bees don't tend to fly but
>any other info would be appreciated.
>        Also, if any of you have any data or ref's about relative
>humidity and it's affect on bees.
>
>        Please forward directly to me:
>
>or by mail to: Rivka Nokrian
>               Dept. Botany,
>               Tel Aviv University
>               Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978
>               ISRAEL
>Thanx in advance, Rivka

Dear Rivka,
You may find more info in the reports by Y. Lensky:
 1. Comportement d'une colonie d'abeill....... Journal of Insect Physiology,
10, 1-12 (1964)
  2. Resistance des abeilles......                       Insectes Sociaux,
11, 293-300 (1964)
3. L'economie des liquides.......                       Insectes Sociaux,
11, 207-222.

Best regards, Yaacov >