From:
"Rudolf E. Bahr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 18:48:44 +0200
Hello busy Knight,

do you accept answers from NON-BRITISH types too? :-)

Once more, Br. Adam himself gives the answer in one of his books:
Already in the year 1969 he wrote, that they never put a queen into
a colony without clipping the half of one wing and that they never noticed
any disadvantage all over the last 50 years! Beside the clipping they
used no other marking of their queens.

This means, that right from the beginning, since he has been responsible for
the apiary in Buckfast Abbey in 1919, they must have cut wings.

Regards,
R.E.Bahr

NISI APES FINIS