From:
richard albert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RICHARD J ALBERT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 12:09:00 -0600
I need some advice, please.

1) I live in Southern New Brunswick.  Presently, night time temperatures
approx. -10 to -5 C.  Day time temperatures approx. -3 to +6 C.

2) My 10 hives are wrapped up in black tar paper.  They all have upper
ventilation holes  cut out of the inner cover rim.  I have access to the
inner cover through a "bonnet" of straw insulation covering it.  The straw,
I noticed, is fairly wet and mouldy.

3)  I am concerned that their honey stores will be insufficient to carry
them through to Spring.

4) Is it feasible at this time, given the low temperatures, to place a
gallon jar of sugar water (1:1) over the hole in the inner cover to feed
them.

Thanks for any advice.

Richard Albert