From:
Beth Nixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 12:47:41 AST
On         Tue, 25 Jul 1995 00:20:54 -0500, [log in to unmask] writes:

>> From: "La Reine de la Cite' des Phoques (Liz Day)" <[log in to unmask]>
>> When a wasp stings me, it hurts like crazy, swells a bit, then goes numb
>> and in a day is gone.  When a mosquito bites me, it itches continuously
>> for several days at least - horrible!  Is this reaction the norm??
>
>        GOD NO! From what you're describing from the mosquito bite, you're
>suffering from the early stages of anphalactic shock and should *RUSH* to
>the nearest hospital *ANYTIME* you get bit by a mosquito!
>        Remember, better prophalactic, than anphalactic! 8-}

This is the very same reaction I have to mosquito bites , but I wouldn't think
I was going in anphalactic shock. I've grown up with mosquitoes all around all
my life, my Mum, my sister, and several friends have the same reactions.
Often my bites itch for more than a week - but this is considered normal for a
sensitive person up here in NB Canada.
I wouldn't worry too much

 Beth Nixon
 Stone Brook Products