From:
Jane Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 19:10:25 PST
I would prefer a "real" newsgroup, as well.  I think it's long overdue
on the Usenet.  (I'm a longer veteran of the net than you, but I only
found this group last year, myself.)  I think beekeeping needs more
publicity (and information, rather than things like people who don't
know the difference between bees and wasps who seem to show up in places
like misc.rural and rec.gardens periodically).  However, if a non-alt
group seems impossible, I think an alt group might be feasible.

I'm a biologist disguised as a tekkie, so I like both the bee biology
and the beekeeping aspects, but I believe a Usenet group is also desirable.

--Jane