Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:40:31 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
>> those willing to risk loss and progress for the sake of species betterment. If failure is imminent the loss is theirs, but achievement of the "final solution" would benefit those who chose to sit on the sideline or armchair the effort - but benefit nonetheless. 

The above observation, I find, is the gist of all the arguments: are you for a bee-eccentric view  (long-term) vs. are you for a human (profit)-centric view (short-term).  Not many of us can, I must assume, make a living without keeping bees, the second motif: "Keep them alive, no matter what," as one poster so eloquently confessed.  This is an excellent view for a short term beekeeping as most interventions "treat the symptoms" through control but they never address the real "root cause. "  

We are so busy, staying just barely one step ahead in the treadmill as the pathogens catch us up.   

For those who espouse the long-term, bee-eccentric view, may I express my gratitude for at least "doing"  or trying something about it, while shouldering the blunt burden of losses, and not armchair-philosophizing about the same issue I raised here in the 1990's.

Respectfully to all beekeepers.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2