From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2023 17:51:51 -0000
>Where is the science that repeatedly claims on paper that other honeys do not have the same antibacterial effects as manuka honey? I would like to be informed.

I think that the answer is that it has not yet been completed.  Have to say that the New Zealanders made some very smart moves and the rest of the world were not on the ball.

I understand that Professor Rose Cooper has done some very good work at Cardiff University and found that heather honey (ling) is at least as effective as Manuka for everything except Helicobacter pylori - and it tastes better (many would class it as one of the best in the world) - and personal experience of treating a very seriously infected wound bears that out.

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W