From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2023 13:12:06 -0400
I've seen air quality this bad before, but it was in Beijing China when the
wind was coming from the wrong direction.

From the 27th floor, the usual Manhattan skyline looks like a scene from
"Blade Runner".  Normally, I can look out my windows and easily see well
past Queens onto Long Island, and past the Hudson River into NJ.  Now I
could throw a baseball further than I can see clearly.

https://www.esbnyc.com/about/live-cam

No, I have not gone out to check the bees, my wife wisely asks me to not go
out to do any heavy lifting, but the smoke is clearly reducing foraging
sorties.

But I fear that the spring honey crop will have to be labeled "Bar-Bee-Que
Flavor".

A map is attached showing the current extent of the smoke.