From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2023 09:08:01 -0700
 > If you do get a breath that contains fog you will feel it in your
throat and have an urge to cough that can not be suppressed.

After using OA extensively and attending demos of devices, I really
don't know how people manage to get more than a faint whiff of OA, but I
guess some do. I never have.

 > I consider use of formic acid quite a big more dangerous than oxalic
acid.  In fact, I consider formic acid to be the most dangerous chemical
beekeepers use in their bee program.

I agree. I consider OA a minor threat and only a worry for the careless,
those using in a confined area, or those with bystanders, but any
beekeeper who has worked with formic more than occasionally will have
some tales to tell about formic acid burns or skin coming off fingers in
one piece.

People fear things they don't understand. Those who understand OA
respect it but don't fear it. You can see it.

Formic on the other hand is sneaky and can be invisible. Moreover, it
looks just like water. With regular use, it is only a matter of time
until there is an accidental formic exposure, whether is is a splash,
spill, seepage, a pinhole in a glove....

On formic we can all agree, but on OA, I doubt we ever will.

Again, the archives are a source of much more very interesting
discussion of both acids c/w stories from users.

"https://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?REPORT=BEE-L&z=4&L=BEE-L&1=BEE-L&X=F9A63B4C8DD08570ED"