From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2022 03:18:04 -0500
>what would be the critical questions to ask the enrolled beekeepers about
>productivity/production to compare to which aggregation of natural
>variables / vegetation type

Maps are really the basis of usability. What I can think of and which I have come across, a map of insolation according to the positions of the Sun, a map of forests and their age, a map of entomophilous economic sowings for which subsidies are collected, a map of road plans, watersheds, a map of soil credit, a map of soil salinization, maps of built-up areas, maps of protected areas, ... Map of beehives, winter yards, import temporary yards for pollination.

Then there is an indication of the relationship of the given place, at the given moment in the peak of consumption per hour or day. (map)

Then there is a long-term overview of the average. (map)

Finally, wild colonies of pollinators that are currently related to the given territory. (map)

The territory is several circles where the outer edge only shows the relations between the center, because even a small distance can make a big difference in the usefulness. (map)

Finally, there is the beekeeper and his number of pollination workers at any given moment. Which, however, is only a measuring and indicating monitoring unit of the given situation on the timeline.

So it can be deduced from this why to ask, in the Czech Republic we have an obligation to report statistical data. Both professional farmers and amateur beekeepers fill out a statistical form when applying for national subsidies.

In addition to the basic registration, we also have the form "materials for the statistical report on beekeeping"
This includes the number of queen production, honey production, the number of migrations and number beehive arrivals.

So I want to convey that the calculation itself is a bureaucratic state matter that will ultimately direct the number of bee colonies in a given locality. At the same time, such a bureaucracy is directly responsible for planned changes in the environment, construction planning, field plant production planning.

I don't believe that everything is driven by the market. The market must be managed, therefore such questions about how many bee colonies to place where.

It is clear that if there is any result, it will be directly influenced by the work of the people in the given location. Even the very presence of pollinators is or is not dependent on human activity today. A wild pollinator wouldn't be there if humans weren't producing something.

Gustav Palan