Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2022 19:28:38 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
> Once minor non-local to sting allergic reactions start the odds of more severe anaphylaxis increases.

I am not sure this is true. I think we are looking at two different types of reactions. I suddenly became allergic to peanut as a child. It went from 0 to 100% with no gradation. Whereas for more than 50 years I suffered from pollen allergy which was always the same: itchy eyes, stuffy nose, etc. I stayed away from Benadryl because it can make you drowsy or inattentive. However a few years ago I started taking it regularly and the hay fevers don't appear any more. On the other hand, I think there may be a link between NSAIDs and increase in allergic symptoms. But the bottom line is there are two separate types of allergic responses here: one tends to be annoying but not disabling whereas the other quickly affects the whole body in a drastic way. And the one is not necessarily related to other. This is based on a lifetime of allergies as well as much studying of the literature. I may not know everything about allergies but I know a lot.

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2