Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:29:39 +0000
Here in the UK it has been found that about 94% of imported honey contains AFB spores.  I had a case in an isolated hive a few years ago and the Bee Inspector who destroyed the colony and burnt and buried the hive contents concluded that the bees must have found a discarded unwashed honey jar.  There were no other cases in the vicinity.  Part of our annual subscription to the British BKA goes to Bee Diseases Insurance which recompenses members for equipment destroyed by Bee Inspectors.  AFB is very rare here nowadays.
Chris