Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2023 08:15:38 -0400
This is a request for advice and experience from any beekeeper who has had a
heart attack and got stents as a result.

I had a heart attack three months ago and am currently in Cardiac rehab. I
finish the rehab in December and am looking at what I will be able to do
next spring, such as inspections.

At 85, I am still in fair to middlin' shape and have no problem with the
rehab which includes strength and aerobic exercises for 1 1/2 hours three
times a week for twelve weeks.

My mentoring paid off since my mentee took it upon herself to essentially
extract my honey crop, with my son's help (he is not a beekeeper) and
button up my hives for winter, so I am all set until spring.

Any info from anyone who has gone through recovery from an attack and got
back to beekeeping  would be appreciated.

BTW, the attack came in the bee yard but had nothing to do with beekeeping
but dealt with trying to free a lawn tractor from the mud, which I got out
and then had the attack so was able to drive it back to the house and in
less than two hours visited two hospitals and had the stent installed. If
it was going to happen, and it eventually would have, it could not have
been under better circumstances, thanks be to God.

Plus, 911 is your friend. Do not hesitate to call.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine