From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2023 11:30:36 -0400
The time of persecution of bee colonies and beekeepers is coming, in the Czech Republic the national agricultural subsidy for beekeeping has been halved. UnĂ¡s spilled over into horse breeding in the Czech Republic. For horse breeding because, according to the media, the current minister apparently adores them and thus gives visibly record sums to horse breeding.

Now the only car that I use for breeding and other things to prepare and winterize my 300 bee colonies has broken down.

I wonder what to do next. However, I came across an interesting discussion on the Czech website about financing, subsidies and the family budget and the sustainability of beekeeping.

Many beekeepers I know put the money they get from beekeeping into the family budget. They invested their money, but did not put it in a box for the bees to spend, but put it into the expenses that his family has and with it, his bees. Typically a subsidy system in one line from the state through beekeeping to the standard of living of the family.

We don't have anything like the almond business in the EU, we have a "subsidy paradise" here and many beekeepers enjoy the subsidy, even if it's basically two dollars per colony. In addition to the agricultural subsidy, there is another type of subsidy from the EU with a share of the state. And this despite the fact that it actually resulted in the support of several times overpriced goods, especially from Asia.

The fundamental question is whether beekeeping is more sustainable when it is separated from the family and the family budget, or when it is shared.
Depending on when it is a typical example of hobby breeding, when it is more sustainable. Is it not possible to start a hopper train with hobby breeding, but have a separate cash register in difficult breeding conditions, or shared with the family? (subsidy)

      The basic difference is that the bees fill their own box with the money, or the beekeeper scatters it and spends it, and in the end it is a problem to repair the car that is used for beekeeping.

I hope I phrased it well as a question. I think this distinction deserves a macroeconomic scientific study.

The answer could then be whether beekeeping is suitable for employing people in different life situations, but with the ability to do beekeeping. Or it is a virtual claim and an unsubstantiated trap that the state apparatus can snap at any time.

Gustav Palan