From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2023 03:57:56 -0400
If I may have a few personal notes from my practice.

Dies with a higher proportion of wax on the edge of the base, for construction, are common. The wax base is easy to recognize with this invention, it has much wider edges drawing the base of the cells. It is like a mason have adding a lot of mortar to a building.

Soap and dishwasher not suitable. It contains additives and mainly wax changes its properties. Only a smoothly matrice machined surface without burrs is suitable. I.e. that the new matrices basically only need warm water, the old tin rollers ones need some time to be heated with active warm water to "soak".

Biting of the wire is caused by its contamination by petroleum product during its production. It is the same reason for removing the wax in place as the last attempts to remove the brood caps from the comb. All you need is a little diesel or some other oil variant.

A lot also depends on the wax mixture and its composition. Virgin wax is practically unyielding and stickier, while old comb wax is very colorful and dense. Technologically during production. Contamination and possible mixing of waxes and possible additives for better processing is, in my opinion, a well-known fact in the production of foundations. Anyone who really processed wax must have come across this production problem and solved it.

Gustav Palan