From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:00:43 -0400
1st C02 chart... I figured out how to get data out of TTN, it will technically store it for 30 days. It did require quite a bit of data cleansing to convert into usable numbers. I used a JSON to Excel converter and then converted date into hours with a time conversion from GMT. I combined my weather station numbers with the CO2 sensor. The rise in CO2 is likely due to Tin-Tout dropping by about 10C and the cluster loosening up. Higher differences will have stronger natural convection. It did drop to close to -20C last night so I might be able to understand the venting behaviours despite the lack of sensor range 0-10,000ppm (current) vs 0-50,000 or 0-100,000ppm. Hopefully the data stores. It did give me a API script to extract the data. I just don't know how to do that at the moment. I might be able to create a Power BI extractor. I hope so!!

Background:
I quickly opened one of my colonies yesterday. It was about -5C. My goal was to install a CO2 sensor and take measurements off the cluster. The colony was quiet and not in cluster. I am experimenting with LoRaWan sensors. I had to figure out how to configure a Lorawan gateway, setups a The Things Stack virtual server and then get my sensor to talk to them and take readings every 5 mins. Then I figured out that I had a brain fart when I ordered my sensor. I bought a 10,000ppm CO2 sensor. When I really need a 100,000ppm sensor. It will still give me a bit of data (CO2, T and RH above the cluster). The values are currently at 10,000ppm (1%) CO2. I am hoping to observe CO2 venting events this winter but the sensor will likely stay at 10,000 all winter, bummer. At least the LoRaWan Gateway is picking up the signal from the house with no difficulty. LoRa stands for low power long range. I used money I received from a recent Zoom talk I gave, to purchase the gateway and sensor. The housing is industrial grade and fully sealed so I should be able to use it to design a new one in spring with a 100K sensor... Remember I have a small insulated patty feeder slot (12"x 3"x2" deep), so I was able to open it and quickly add the sensor (SenseCap 2103).

I will purchase this new sensor and attempt to build one. It allows the use of a small suction line that could be inserted into the cluster. My feeder slot should allow me to have a larger power supply if required. https://www.co2meter.com/.../products/k-30-3-co2-sensor