From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:18:40 -0400
Price Support for Honey
Hearing, Wednesday, April 27, 1949
Statement of Dr. E. J. Dyce, Professor of Agriculture, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.

Mr. Chairman and gentlemen, I am going to confine my remarks to just a few. I am from Cornell University, the extension apiaries and also professor of apiculture at Cornell, working very closely with our commercial beekeepers in New York State and also the Finger Lakes Honey Producers, Groton, NY.

It has been mentioned here that the industry is facing disaster. I would like to just give you one example. Last Thursday night I was called into a county in New York State and also another county up north, and the idea of his meeting was that the beekeepers were fed up with conditions. Two or three of them said to me, "We cannot get help in some way or another, either high tariffs or help in some way or other, support, if we cannot get that, we will simply gas our bees, render out the beeswax and pile up our equipment."

PLB