From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:31:20 -0400
What "Journalists" do is revisit a story several times, and essentially tell
the same stories, over and over.

First, something is in big trouble.

Then, heroic efforts are being made, but the outcome is unclear.

Then, after the hype dies down, the heroic efforts are critiqued as
misguided, or even criminal in nature through the convenient rear-view
mirror of hindsight.

Then come the thought-provoking and speculative personal opinions and
analysis with extremely cherry-picked parties quoted, and others ignored,
and the point invariably made is that the entire original question may have
been misguided.  This is one such highly speculative piece.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/08/28/is-beekeeping-wrong

No honey for him!

The key point is made up front - the "natural" beekeeper does not want the
responsible veterinary authority to know where his hives are, or that he is
still keeping bees, because what he does is what Dr. Eric Mussen called
"Nuisance Beekeeping". The fellow is a scofflaw, no different from those who
refuse to vaccinate their children, and unwittingly ushered in the
re-emergence of polio (POLIO!!!) in the USA in the 21st Century. So, as with
all such articles and all such claims, simply replace "my bees" with "my
kids", and you'll see why it has been called "Animal Husbandry" for so long.

My Dad very recently lost his wife of 69 years, his high school sweetheart,
the only girl he ever dated, so I have been visiting him down in Philly far
more often.  Even **HE** said to me, "You know your mom would not want you
to neglect your bees..."

One can safely ignore the Moonies with their crystals and incense and
astrology charts and dead-out hives, but I should point out that even a
healing crystal, if thrown hard enough, can be a hurting crystal.