Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2023 15:34:54 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
With the car, thank you for the support. The worst shock is when I have work scheduled and the $2 thing stops me for about a week. It's a broken plastic segment shift joint that I have to buy from China because that's how it is with our aftermarket parts. One of my hobbies is that I have a decent garage technique, so I do repairs myself. As well as the lifter, a/c, tools, microcontroller diagnostics, welders, etc. (one of the home pro workshop things that beekeeping paid for) If I had it repaired at an authorized service center, I'd probably have to spend $400 instead of $2 plus time.

I would like to clarify my question.

As I mentioned before, I know many people who keep bees, they are beekeepers with 3-300 colonies, their income from bees is tied to their family's expenses. I.e. that, for example, I use my 20-year-old car, one of the most reliable that Germany has made. I use my qualities, my work in one person for innovation and production. (hive making, wax extraction, honey extraction, all in one person) Apart from the internet, no one gives me much advice about science, except for Bee-l I found this discussion forum about scientific facts and "informed group". a discussion not seen elsewhere. I thank her.

To the topic.
I wrote about a box that a beekeeper fills with money, but with the assumption that all the money the beekeeper makes belongs only to the bee colony. Which should at first glance be a model for amateur small-breeding. Such breeding is logically very very sustainable.

In contrast, the breeding of a professional is either directly connected to his family and expenses, or the breeder as a company is itself an employee and employer. This means a logically large sustainability risk for beekeeping without large sources of honey. (flower or sap)

An example of all these writing ideas. Imagine that the American almond trade disappears for some reason. What is the expected direction of the economy of large and small bee colonies?

In the EU it is clear, large-scale beekeepers (over 150 bee colonies) own only about 2-10% of bee colonies depending on the state.
Off topic.
We have several limits here for both amateurs and professionals regarding costs.
Professional = more than 150 beehives, agricultural license, (this is a different license from commercial and business), tax return every year by the end of spring. Taxation is simple, the option of choosing the type of accounting according to the law. Either income and expenditure items all, or the second option income only, 80% is deducted from this amount and the rest is entered in taxes where there are other deductible items, e.g. child, minimum amount. In 80% of the system, no expenses or mandatory pension and health insurance can be recognized. An amateur has a similar 80% chance...

An amateur has a production limit of honey put into circulation up to two tons per year, a breeding limit of up to 60 bee colonies. It has a cap of around $2,000 as an "income opportunity". He has the same right to subsidies as a professional, subsidies are for all beekeepers. Above this income, he is obliged to declare and pay tax, up to the amount of this income he is exempt from declaration.

Gustav Palan

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2