From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2023 09:56:01 -0400
I mentioned the following several years ago but thought it was appropriate to this thread. While visiting our Son in Ireland I went to see what he was doing in his garden allotment.  While there a swarm arrived & lighted on the gate.  The suspect hive was nearby & belonged to his neighbour who was on vacation in Italy at the time.  Off we went to her storeroom to get what we needed to hive the swarm.  On returning we found the swarm gone but increased activity at the suspect hive.  The same story same time every day for the next six days.  On the seventh the swarm left the gate for wherever.  My Son asked if the fact that the queen was clipped made a difference?

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada 44N80W 1000'