From:
Joe Komperda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2023 03:04:54 +0000
> But the big question mark for me is what do package bee shippers do? They always seem to have plenty of bees for sale. ... I wish this list had more insight into the real world of bee commerce.

Does it really matter what the package bee shippers do when it comes to treating for mites?

In a sense whether they are treating for mites or not, it may be irrelevant.

When one receives a package, there is no brood -- so it is a perfect time (a few days to several days after Queen release) to use an oxalic acid dribble or vaporization to hopefully knock down as many of the ectoparasitic critters as possible!

Joe

Joe Komperda

Parker, CO

303.304.6459