From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2022 08:11:34 -0500
>Study in Finland opened many eyes: Samples of bees were asked to send for investigation to determine their race.
>
>*) https://naturebees.wordpress.com/2021/02/25/buckfast-is-a-race-not-a-hybrid/

I have not yet read anywhere how and from whom - what is a sample taken for DNA analysis to determine race. I assume that from the antenna, or another part where the basic DNA is assumed. ?? ...thank you for any link to the study

I would like to see the Dawino test that today it only works according to commercial requirements.

And to the article. I would like to add that the non-Carniotic variant of the honey bee is still prohibited by law in the Czech Republic, in the center of Europe, which basically means Buckfast. It is certainly possible to joke that over the state borders with DE and AT, Buckfast high-quality swarms fly in and some of the imports due to a "positive" Dawino test are traded here. So Europe has Buckfast, except for the Czech Republic.

Breeding Act of the Czech Republic

https://www.zakonyprolidi.cz/cs/2000-154?text=kranske