From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2022 16:31:04 -0500
> dead honey bees and yellow jackets sunken into the top of my fully crystalized honey buckets

If the insects are well-preserved and intact, you can thank the preservative nature of honey, and scoop out all of the honey down to some certain level below the lowest insect, and still have palatable honey, perhaps good "bakery honey" where an additional layer of food safety can be provided by the heat of an oven.

If the insects are not well-preserved and intact, then you have a tough call to make.

I don't think anyone other than a large corporate packer who heats honey until it flows like water and filters with very fine mesh can be assured of never getting having *any* bees get into the honey, but I have no experience with such large numbers getting into entire 60s of honey.