From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2022 04:30:29 -0400
>I worked side by side with a bee researcher from Ontario and watched how he "reorganized" every single hive in the yard according to his concept of what a hive should be prior to winter. I have never done that. <

The technique of reorganizing space and comb is a quite neglected work act as important as beekeeping itself. It belongs to breeding very much.

I think that in the future it will even be one of the important elements against varroa and other diseases.

Technically, I think it is very advantageous to move the queen away from the brood combs so that the bees can establish a wintering place on suitable combs, and at the same time to rid the brood combs of mites under the lids by coating them, and at the same time treat the bee colony treated in this way as a sweeper or swarm, for example by fumigation or another bluff method.

Practically, the queen's excluder is suitable for this. Between brood combs and queens.

The technique can also be such that a new bee colony is created in an insulated hive exclusively from this bare and removed brood and without workers plus treatment of the lids with acaricide. Plus the addition of an unaccompanied mother. And the original colony of bees without fruit is treated like a broom or a swarm, but on selected honeycombs.

Gustav Palan