Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2023 20:42:33 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
I sat in on a Zoom talk last night (Alaska Bee group). They had Bob Binnie on who spoke on feeding light syrup (1 sugar to 1.5 water) and a couple more topics.
Light syrup - stimulate brood rearing, improves hygienic conditions by increasing production of GOX - H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide). I have stopped most spring feeding over the last couple of years. Bees do ok but I am not happy with the brood nest progression. Also with the gut issues that seem to be persistent in my yard, I need to try something different.  Colonies typically have plenty of stores, so this is not about bulking up but about stimulating. I attached an interesting study he spoke about. He talked about moderate volumes 1-2 L at a time via smaller feeders vs the large bucket or top feeders we use to bulk up late summer.

Syrup Concentration vs brood, eggs, larvae ,etc...
http://archive.saulibrary.edu.bd:8080/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/1636/REG.%2007-02421.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Increased GOX (Glucose Oxidase) and H2O2 from feed vs honey.
https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/10/8/985

Thoughts?