Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2022 22:38:11 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Juhani Lunden <[log in to unmask]>
"Mite resistance might sound simple, but the genetics involved may be
complex."

Most probably it is complex.
Besides uncapping and recapping and brood removal there are lots of different possible ways bees can do. We have to remember mite is blind and odors are the way it finds its way to right age cells., one confusing chemical from bees mandibles or from larvae might be one factor, queens egg laying may be affected etc.

The solution I outlined 20 years ago was that the ultimate varroa resistance is a combination of these factors from different breeders, around the world, and the time to start that breeding is about right now.