Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:42:46 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> I suspect the most time/cost effective method to rapidly create mite resistance bees from EHBs is identifying their "hygienic genes" from closely related species.  And do a modification to create a "GMO" EHB with mite resistance.

1) these bees are all the same species.

2) nobody has identified "hygienic genes," nor showed how they could be "inserted" into normal bees, nor how much it would cost

3) genetically modified organisms can't be released into the wild until proven safe, but genetically modified colonies can't be properly evaluated while confined in labs (Catch-22)

PLB