From:
pilgrimz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2023 12:35:48 +0000
On Monday, April 3rd, 2023 at 11:21 PM, Joe Komperda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am wondering what the definition of TF (Treatment Free) really means.
>
> Does TF indicate that chemical "treatments" are not being used or does TF indicate that nothing, including controls, is being performed?

I can't speak for Russ, but I call myself chemical-free on my business card.  That is just for clarity so the layperson will understand.  I suspect most TF beekeepers want to avoid adding chemicals into their hives.

The only "treatments" I do are year-round insulation, and pinching the queens every year.  Last summer, two colonies didn't get queens replaced.  One is weak this spring, and the other petered out in Sept.

This spring 7/9 survive.

Chris Long