Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2023 18:10:49 +0000
Sender:
From:
I have been involved in the small fish/animal/bird hobbies since 1960.  During that time I have met a number of colorful characters.  I can assure you that there are few if any borders in the world that do not gush illegal transport of such animals.  If you build walls the animals either fly over the wall, tunnel under the wall or go around the end of the wall.  Even oceans are not even slightly effective walls.  A great deal of it happens on commercial airlines.  The new higher security is a minor problem that simply increases the profits.  If it is a bit hard to bring in the US directly you just bring it in from Canada as that border is so open you could bring in an elephant.  As long as there is a decent profit to be had stuff will freely move around the world simply because there will never be a shortage of people wanting to capture those profits.  On occasion it is even people who represent conservation efforts that get involved.  At one time I was offered devil's hole pupfish.  That is the most endangered fish in the world with a wild population of maybe 100 and no one is supposed to have them.  In fact officially they are supposed to be near impossible to reproduce in aquariums.  When you get an offer like that the best idea is get out of there fast.  I am sure there is a steady flow of queens into and out of Cuba.  And if they actually have special queens those queens have long since gotten to Florida for testing.  The fact we have not heard of any magic Cuban derived queens in Florida tells me the Cuban queens are nothing special.