Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2022 09:47:06 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
> Not the same, Canada and the U.S. share a border.  TM invasion of Canada was inevitable.

Agreed.  Our majority (reluctantly and with controversy) accepted that fact and dealt with it on the basis of fact, not hope.

The result was and is one of the strongest and most unified bee industries in North America.  Those regions that tried eradication and quarantine suffered under oppressive rules, years of division, and self-imposed hardship.

A successful varroa invasion of Oz is virtually inevitable as well.   It is only a matter of when.

There are too many unknowns and uncontrollables to predict and prevent it, and too many ways for it to happen, including deliberate introduction.

We don't even know how many times a pest has to be introduced and in what numbers to make a successful 'invasion'.  Not every introduction is successful.  We only know when a successful beachhead has been established.

All our information comes after, and this enemy arrives and spreads invisibly.