Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 10:12:27 -0400
7bit
From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
> This is worth a read, as by comparison, HFCS makes honey look like a health
> food, and there is now a clear and compelling link to obesity, via a

Way back when I read an article on the breakdown of sucrose into
fructose and glucose in the human body. It said that at a point the
body's mechanics stop the breakdown. Both fructose and glucose are
absorbed by the body but sucrose has issues because of its size compared
to them, so passes through and does not add to the sugar problem.

Bees do the same through enzymes- break the bond so they can get glucose
which is further broken down and instrumental for the well being of the
hive.

For us, fructose and glucose keep coming when you eat/drink HFCS and you
end up with fat and metabolic issues. Honey is not innocent but is not
consumed in the quantities of HFCS, which took the place of fat in
produce and sucrose in much else including soft drinks. I drank coke all
the time as a kid- when it was sucrose, and was skinny well into my
college years.

Many of the studies touted by the corn lobby bypass facts and try to
show how innocent HFCS is. It is not. The study is another
substantiation. But you will not have to wait ling for the attack on the
study by the corn lobby. Their best tactic is to compare it with sucrose
and omit the fact that our bodies limit the intake of the breakdown
products.

Given the trial lawyers appetite for class action law suits, I can see
HCFS eventually marching down the same path as tobacco.

Great find, Jim.

Bill Truesdell, Bath, Maine