Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2021 16:43:01 +0000
From:
Seth Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
>They followed the label, which is the law, and vaporized 1 g of OA in single deeps that housed full complements of brood.

While they do make the claim they are following the label, treating with brood on during the summer is not following the label in the least.

They also make the statement "To our knowledge, this is the first study in which the combined impact of brood interruption and OA vaporization on Varroa levels has been determined"

Top of my head Giacomelli, Formato's APIMONDIA 2013 presentation comes to mind
 https://www.apimondia.com/en/component/easyfolderlistingpro/?view=download&format=raw&data=eNpFUMFqwzAM_RXje0ncQtcqp5bB1sNgsLEdixYricGxg-x0LWP_PjtJ2cnWe3pPekJQCn4CbEE23mpiWQVQO5Da16GovWuZQijWpdpMjAI5BuK5N0wQyPJOtSOF-O_zXDDyfJ6wXFztZqnDnnJZgszPdkaNlpWBchYx2QFjl-l1aiuORKtnQhu74u3WDz4YXFwMG2PpbrhPVqcg3jsSXCcXqWWMpMVrmi5e0GFLPbkoDi0al6APZPYoHhPNYx09T8Jj7v7Em1iJg03B0WlG8WSw9j1Za_KcDUi6xuU36GZJStfBpFvdY6i0OMaIdZfHyuprQvdJwXQx9D1fKK3sMJpLCvD7B7P0gAI,

I don't understand their focus on the dose being "wrong" when it has proven effective in many other cases (Of note Giacomelli, Formato used a higher than US label dose) and they present no data to show a higher dose was effective at mite contoral, I have heard it said there is data (unpublished do to it being off label), but without it there is little in the study data to that efect
To me finding why it failed for them would be much more interesting.