Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2020 08:58:07 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
>  I was wondering how oxalic acid can impact/contaminate capped honey if it doesn't impact the mites under the cap?

If you vaporize OA in a hive it gets all over everything, so if you remove honey frames they would be covered with OA crystals. Studies have shown that the use of OA does not elevate levels in the honey.

However, the label is the law:  Use only in late fall or early spring when little or no brood is present. Oxalic Acid Dihydrate might damage bee brood. Oxalic Acid Dihydrate will not control Varroa mites in capped brood.

If you don't follow the directions, you are breaking the law, whatever the reason for the law. Further, if you contaminate the honey, you are liable for any adverse effects, so why do it?

PLB