From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 13:00:10 -0400
Sorry for the late reply as I am lazy I guess & so is my internet connection shifting from internet to intermaybe to internot throughout the day.

I finally read the article https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319562X1930049X <https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319562X1930049X> mentioned by Marcin.  My comb honey frames(mediums) weigh about 2kg when harvested whereas deep frames would likely be double that @ 4kg each.  The paper said "colonies with combs aged 1, 2 and 3-years produced significantly more honey than colonies with combs aged 4-years (5.25, 4.90 and 4.65 kg/colony vs. 4.45 kg/colony, respectively). While I can accept that new combs could contain more honey than those 2,3,or 4 years old, I cannot believe that the quantities stated could be the production of a hive of honeybees over the course of the study/season and must be the weight of average frames.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada 44N80W