From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2019 15:52:25 -0400
> Uncapped cells were 78% Brix, 20% H2O,  Ok to extract and, let sit a bit before bottling

There are a few options I know of and I'm sure others will contribute their own techniques.  Also, search this list because this topic has been discussed before.

You can continue to cure honey in open or capped combs, before extraction, if you place them in a humidity-controlled room with under 50% relative humidity and adequate air circulation.   The opposite is also true - allowing supers to remain in a room with high humidity may add moisture. Please keep in mind that in the age of SHB this is risky behavior unless you are absolutely certain no SHBs or their eggs are in those combs.  If you are talking about a small number of supers, I'd freeze them first to be sure.

I run my apiaries in areas where the nectar has high moisture. It's difficult to get my harvest much below 18% and some of my frames are above 19.5% when I start extraction. Since I'm normally borderline, I extract a few supers first and let things settle out then measure the top layer in the buckets and compare that with honey at the gate level. My honey will stratify based on its moister content with the high moister honey on the top, so if I'm in range at the gate, I continue and bottle while checking until I see a change at the gate.  I then stop and dehumidify what's left in the open bucket with the same procedure used on the comb. Sometimes it all works out on its own even if the top layer starts out high.

Last year I put all my questionable honey (<19.6% ) in a few buckets with the intention of feeding it back but never got around to it.  I opened those buckets a few weeks back and the honey is still fine although I'm still hesitant to sell it.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire Ct