From:
Jonathan Knisely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2021 07:56:08 -0400
I write to solicit advice about clearing honey from brood boxes from hives
that weren't able to make their way from one corner of the hive (where
they'd run out of honey) to other corners where they had stored honey.

I've read that putting them below the brood box will result in the honey
being moved up. I've also read that putting them above the inner cover will
achieve the same goal, particularly if one scratches the cappings off. I'd
prefer to not just put them out, but to allocate them to specific hives.

Are any of you aware of any research that might have been conducted on this
topic? Will this be something that will work during a flow, or is this an
activity the bees might engage in only in a relative dearth?

Thank you for any leads you may be able to provide for this situation.

Jonathan Knisely
New Haven, CT
(Robinia pseudoacadia & Trifolium repens now starting)