From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2021 09:52:50 -0500
> 2 rounds of Formic with NHprof
> in late summer and Oxalic dribble in winter
> (Dez) has been the standard recommendation
> for years here

"Here" being Germany, correct?  What is the view of upper entrances and upper ventilation on German hives, as I know that some photos/videos have shown a clear plastic sheet placed atop the topmost topbars of colonies, which would seem to block airflow from the top.

On the other hand, too much top vent prompts some colonies to propolize the openings to limit the size of the vent, even when nectar is being evaporated.