From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:56:07 +0000
>That the bases of honeycomb cells are formed by rhombi has been noted by mathematicians for at least 200 years. See:

I don't have a problem with the sagacity of the bee.  Perhaps with a
mathematician who does not have a look?

Examining some naturally drawn comb here it does appear to be curved.  I
am looking at the newly made edge where it is easier to view.  Certainly
it is also easy to see the sides of the three cells on the other side
through the fresh wax.

Geoff Manning